Homes for Ukraine: SJOG and Caritas Social Action Network (CSAN) are part of the Community Sponsorship movement in the UK offering a matching, training and support service to sponsors and guests under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme.
Together we are working to enable the many generous people willing to open up their homes as sponsors and match them with people displaced by the war in Ukraine. We aim to support people on their journey and provide opportunities to integrate into our community in the UK.
If you would like to be considered as a sponsor, or be sponsored, please use the links below to register your interest. We will work as quickly as possible to contact every applicant and to start the matching process.
I would like to be a sponsor
If you would like to host an individual or family from Ukraine for 6 months under the Homes for Ukraine scheme you can register your interest here. You will be asked to complete a short eligibility form. If eligible, we will ask for more information about you and where you live.
I would like to be sponsored
If you are from the Ukraine and have been displaced by the war, you can register to come to the UK at any time and from any place. You do not need to be in the UK. The Homes for Ukraine programme ensures that you will be provided with accommodation for at least 6 months and be able to access healthcare and schools, and have the right to work.
The SJOG Homes for Ukraine programme provides:
- Matching of hosts with guests to the requirements of both parties
- Mediating first e-meetings between hosts and guests
- Toolkit for hosts and a Welcome book for Ukrainian guests in a native language
- Online training about the hosting process
- Transfer from the Poland-Ukraine border to London
- A "welcome box" for the Ukrainian family upon arrival
- Support during the first month of placement
- Re-matching service
- Ensuring support from local communities
- Multilingual team that speak English, Polish, Ukrainian and Russian and are ready to help
* When you complete the forms we will work hard to find a match but sometimes this isn’t possible. We will keep you updated to so you are fully informed. For any other enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Role and Responsibilities of SJOG and CSAN
Our Homes for Ukraine project is a partnership between SJOG and the Caritas Social Action Network (CSAN). The project creates a matching pathway to support those who are displaced by the Ukraine war to find homes in the UK.
CSAN leads on communications and reach within the Catholic community in England and Wales and through Caritas agencies across Europe. SJOG are responsible for receiving and processing the information provided by potential sponsors and displaced Ukrainians.
CSAN has created a range of materials that detail the support offered in response to the Ukraine war. You can find these at this link where there is further information about the Homes for Ukraine scheme”. https://www.csan.org.uk/ukraine/